I made a couple of quick modifications to my bandsaw today.
My bandsaw had no dust collection port. I bolted a shop vacuüm nozzle to the lower wheel cover and trimmed it for maximum efficiency.
Using a heat gun, I bent the head of a toothbrush 90°. I cut off the handle and tapped the head for a 8-32 screw.
I drilled a hole in the lower bandsaw frame and mounted the brush so that the bristles are below the lower blade guide. It is also on the tire side of the blade. This will help clean the sawdust from the blade so that it does not build up on the tires. The brush is also directly opposite my new dust collection port.
The blade tensioner screw has a pointed tip that just floats around on top of the casting on these bandsaws. I found the center point and drilled a small depression with a 60° countersink bit. Now the point of the tensioner will stay in one place.